Mayfran visited by Ohio Rep. Dave Joyce and members of Mayfield Village local government to talk about impact of COVID-19 on businesses
On Oct. 20th, Mayfran hosted Ohio Congressman Dave Joyce along with Mayor Brenda Bodnar, Council President Stephen Schutt and Economic Development Manager John Marquart of Mayfield Village.
During the visit President Frank Sraj gave an overview of our company and facility in Mayfield Village as well as talked about the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic on our business operations; afterwards, a tour of our facility was held in small groups.
At the beginning of the pandemic Mayfran’s Management Team chose to close the plant for two weeks during which time the entire building was sanitized while many Mayfran team members determined and implemented a plan that would allow us to reopen as an essential business.
In order to ensure the ability to serve our customers’ needs while keeping our employees’ safety and health as a priority, the following health and safety protocols were implemented:
- Enforcing social distancing measures and requiring face masks within the facility
- Reworking some areas of the building to keep 6′ between all employees
- Requiring all employees and visitors to check their temperatures, and sending anyone with a temperature 99 degrees F or higher home.
- One-way foot traffic in certain areas of the building
- Limiting use of cafeteria, work-out room, meeting and training rooms
- Keeping doors open
- Focus on sanitizing surfaces
- Asking employees to limit any travel and in-person meetings to essential only; and if any employee should travel to self-quarantine and adhere to social distancing measures
In addition, the return of workers in the shop was done in phases and office employees, that were able to do so, were provided with any necessary equipment to work remotely from home.
Mayfran would like to once again thank Congressman Joyce, Mayor Bodnar, Council President Schutt, and Mr. Marquart for visiting and for their interest in Mayfran.