Electrician – 1st Shift
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Work from blueprints, schematics, shop orders, verbal and written instructions.
- Lay out electrical boxes and panels in preparation to finish wiring unit.
- Following established procedures and wiring code diagrams; handle routine simple wiring of boxes and panels as well as limited wiring on more complex systems.
- As assigned, monitor and perform routine hook-ups to ensure appropriate operation of hydraulically motivated pressure vessels and power component units.
- Use floor controlled overhead crane equipment as necessary to move parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment and materials.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
KNOWLEDGE: Use decimals, fractions and other ordinary shop arithmetic. Requires interpretation to adhere to requirements. Sheet metal layout and punching. Understanding electrical schematics and ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits. PLC Controls.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Over one and up to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.